[linux-dvb] w_scan

Frederic CAND frederic.cand at anevia.com
Mon Sep 3 11:39:11 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I've recently been investigating for a way to scan DVB-T frequencies
with no scan file.
I've been oriented to w_scan, which does exactly what I want.
But the thing is, w_scan considers that the bandwidth between
frequencies 177500 and 226500 KHz is 7MHz (thus the scan step is 7MHz),
and 8MHz between frequencies 474000 and 858000 KHz (scan step : 8MHz).
It works here in France since bandwidth is 8MHz. But I've seen some
countries where this is absolutely not the case (e.g Taiwan uses 6MHz
bandwidth, and some other countries use 8MHz bandwidth at 200MHz
frequencies, ...).

So, if I want to scan frequencies, since the frontend I use does not
support BANDWIDTH_AUTO parameter, will I have to scan all frequencies by
6MHz steps, then do it again with 7MHz steps, and finally 8MHz steps ?
Or is there any other solution when it comes to manually scan DVB-T
frequencies ?

King regards.

--
CAND Frederic