[linux-dvb] New Card: Compro VideoMate S300/S350 DVB-S

richard (MQ) osl at 16hd.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 08:52:13 CEST 2007


Oh dear, two errors on my part -

 As you both say, for a T200 I should use options saa7134 card=71. Too
much of a rush to try it and not reading Jan's message properly.

 But - the card *IS* a T220, though I'm sure I ordered a T200. A similar
number and I didn't notice. Does anyone know if it will work with
LinuxTV? It's not listed at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCI_Cards

I can readily try the mercurial source build if that might help, I'm
currently using kernel 2.6.22.3 (OpenSuSE 10.3 beta 2)

Where do I find the list of "saa7134 card=x" - is it in that source code
somewhere?

(continuing the top-posting that this thread seems stuck with ;-) )

Cheers
Richard (MQ)

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Am Montag, den 03.09.2007, 20:29 +0100 schrieb Richard (MQ):
>> Thanks Jan,
>>
>> I hadn't spotted that, but it makes no difference - even when I add
>> "options saa7134 card=72" I get:
> 
> the hint was to try with card=71 i think, guess you mean that one.
> 
> That won't help either, since according to the eeprom dump you have
> something different, looks more like a T220 with tuner pll at 0x62.
> The mpeg encoder was also not reported previously.
> 
> Why you claim to have a T200? I have seen on analog cards that they had
> wrong stickers on the tuner for a while, but in this case, it is hard to
> believe, since the sticker of the older can tuner would not even fit on
> the shielding of the newer silicon one you seem to have.
> 
> Cheers,
> Hermann
> 
>>> saa7130[0]: found at 0000:00:0c.0, rev: 1, irq: 19, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe2000000
>>> saa7130[0]: subsystem: 185b:c901, board: RTD Embedded Technologies VFG7350 [card=72,insmod option]
>>> saa7130[0]: board init: gpio is 853f43
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 00: 5b 18 01 c9 54 20 1c 00 43 43 a9 1c 55 d2 b2 92
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 10: 00 ff 86 0f ff 20 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 20: 01 40 01 03 03 ff 03 01 08 ff 00 88 ff ff ff ff
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 30: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 40: ff d5 00 c4 86 1e ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff cb
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 60: 30 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 70: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>> saa7130[0]: registered device video0 [v4l2]
>>> saa7130[0]: registered device vbi0
>>> saa7130[0]: registered device video1 [mpeg]
>> - but no /dev/dvb or anything below it.
>>
>> relevant modules seem to be saa7134, saa7134-dvb, saa7134-empress and
>> mt352. Anything missing?
>>
>> Any more ideas please? Anyone?!
>> -- 
>> Cheers
>> Richard (MQ)
>>
>> Jan D. Louw wrote:
>>> Hi Richard,
>>>
>>> Looks like your card is forced to the wrong card number. The T200 is 
>>> supposed to be auto detected as card #71, but yours was forced to #72 
>>> (insmod option). Check your /etc/modprobe.conf or similar file for 
>>> something like a 'option saa7134 card=72' statement.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JD
>>>
>>> Richard (MQ) wrote:
>>>> Jan,
>>>>
>>>> This is what dmesg has to say about the card on boot:
>>>>
>>>>> shpchp: Standard Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver version: 0.4
>>>>> saa7130/34: v4l2 driver version 0.2.14 loaded
>>>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:0c.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
>>>>> saa7130[0]: found at 0000:00:0c.0, rev: 1, irq: 19, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe2000000
>>>>> saa7130[0]: subsystem: 185b:c901, board: RTD Embedded Technologies VFG7350 [card=72,insmod option]
>>>>> saa7130[0]: board init: gpio is 843f00
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 00: 5b 18 01 c9 54 20 1c 00 43 43 a9 1c 55 d2 b2 92
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 10: 00 ff 86 0f ff 20 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 20: 01 40 01 03 03 ff 03 01 08 ff 00 88 ff ff ff ff
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 30: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 40: ff d5 00 c4 86 1e ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff cb
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 60: 30 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>>>> saa7130[0]: i2c eeprom 70: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>>>> tuner 1-0062: chip found @ 0xc4 (saa7130[0])
>>>>> tuner 1-0062: type set to 1 (Philips PAL_I (FI1246 and compatibles))
>>>>> tuner 1-0062: type set to 1 (Philips PAL_I (FI1246 and compatibles))
>>>>> tuner 1-0063: chip found @ 0xc6 (saa7130[0])
>>>>> tuner 1-0068: chip found @ 0xd0 (saa7130[0])
>>>>> saa7130[0]: registered device video0 [v4l2]
>>>>> saa7130[0]: registered device vbi0
>>>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [ALKC] BIOS reported IRQ 0, using IRQ 22
>>>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [ALKC] enabled at IRQ 22
>>>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:11.5[C] -> Link [ALKC] -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 20
>>>>> PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:11.5 to 64
>>>>> saa7130[0]: registered device video1 [mpeg]
>>>> and lsmod (edited):
>>>>
>>>>> saa7134_empress        25860  0
>>>>> snd_via82xx            43800  0
>>>>> saa6752hs              26508  0
>>>>> tuner                  73640  0
>>>>> snd_ac97_codec        109220  1 snd_via82xx
>>>>> ac97_bus               18560  1 snd_ac97_codec
>>>>> snd_pcm                94212  3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec
>>>>> snd_timer              38788  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
>>>>> snd_page_alloc         26248  2 snd_via82xx,snd_pcm
>>>>> saa7134               137164  1 saa7134_empress
>>>>> shpchp                 47380  0
>>>>> pci_hotplug            45504  1 shpchp
>>>>> snd_mpu401             25100  0
>>>>> snd_mpu401_uart        24704  2 snd_via82xx,snd_mpu401
>>>>> snd_rawmidi            40320  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_mpu401_uart
>>>>> video_buf              39940  2 saa7134_empress,saa7134
>>>>> snd_seq_device         24460  3 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
>>>>> compat_ioctl32         17664  1 saa7134
>>>>> ir_kbd_i2c             24976  1 saa7134
>>>>> ir_common              50436  2 saa7134,ir_kbd_i2c
>>>>> videodev               42752  2 saa7134_empress,saa7134
>>>>> v4l2_common            32896  4 saa7134_empress,tuner,saa7134,videodev
>>>>> v4l1_compat            28676  2 saa7134,videodev
>>>>> i2c_core               39808  5 saa6752hs,tuner,saa7134,ir_kbd_i2c,i2c_viapro
>>>> I have an MT352 on the board - it's clearly marked - but no sign of a
>>>> module for it? Unless saa6752hs is something to do with it?
>>>>
>>>> As you say, we both need someone more knowledgeable to comment on this...
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> linux-dvb mailing list
>>> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> linux-dvb mailing list
>> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb
> 
> 
> 




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list