[linux-dvb] WinTV HVR-3000

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Fri Sep 14 12:35:42 CEST 2007

Hi

I recently bought the PCI card in $subject, and haven't been able to
tune any channel at all, neither from the DVB-T nor from the DVB-S. The
kernel detects it perfectly, it creates all /dev/* devices, but when
tuning (tried with scan, scantv and tvtime), no channels show up. DVB-T
doesn't get yet to my house, and I've heard DVB-S support for this card
was not fully functional yet, but AFAIK it should at least work with
plain ol' analog TV, right?

I read in the archives to use the special hvr3000 sources, so tried
that, but couldn't compile it on a 2.6.22 kernel. Is there a newer
version? and if so, does it work for both DVB-S and DVB-T?

If not, I am willing to help testing the code, since I've already had 3
different TV cards with no luck, and not sure if the guys in the shop
would allow me to return it again :-)

So, should I keep this card, or should I go to the shop and get a better
supported one? And, which one (with DVB-S and, if possible, DVB-T) is
100% supported? I ask because the 2 previous capturers I bought
(Pinnacle PCTV 400/450e USB) didn't work for me at all, even though they
show up as supported

thanks
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>