[linux-dvb] DVB API update

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 18:42:50 CEST 2007

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> Someone once told me: Marketing requirement is that the
> signal quality bar is in the upper third when the picture
> is good, and in the lower third when the picture is bad.
> Everthing else is irrelevant and the numbers can be pure fantasy.
> And that's what I believe you get from most demods, and how
> it is implemented in most commercial receivers.

Wrong.

See my initial reply to Wolfgang on the start of this thread. It is not
crappy hardware, but the way the drivers were written, but in any case
the drivers couldn't be made better, because the API enforced someone's
view that it was that.

In fact it was the view that was crappy nothing else.

HTH