[linux-dvb] Problem when unplugging Cinergy T^2

Tomi Orava tomimo+linux-dvb at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Tue Sep 18 10:06:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

> with my Cinergy T^2 there is a problem when I unplug the device. Top shows
> that khubd uses 100% CPU. My system uses Kernel 2.6.21.1 + latest v4l-dvb
> modules from <http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb>. With the original kernel
> modules there is no problem.
>
> How can I help to fix the problem?

Unfortunately I don't have a fix for you, but in case you would be
interested to try a modified version of that driver, here is the patch.
The patch modifies the existing Cinergy T^2 driver to fit into dvb-usb
framework, although it is very experimental in nature (seems to work
quite ok, although no remote controller handling for now).

I'm very interested to hear if it works/doesn't work for you.
The patch introduces an alternative driver menu option (in addition to
existing one) for cinergy T2 and the module name is dvb-usb-cinergyT2
instead.

Patch the diff against latest HG source tree.

Regards,
Tomi Orava