[linux-dvb] Problem when unplugging Cinergy T^2

Tomi Orava tomimo+linux-dvb at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Tue Sep 18 12:59:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Thanks for the patch. I tried it, it _nearly_ works for me. I could
> watch TV with it, but there was a problem when the module was loaded.
> Here is an excerpt from /var/log/messages:

> Sep 18 11:53:42 localhost kernel: [  268.701170] kobject_add failed for
> cinergyT2 with -EEXIST, don't try to register things with the same name in

Sorry, I forgot to warn you to NOT load the old Cinergyt2 module at the same
time. The above warning complains about that by my understanding.

If you load the dvb-usb-cinergyT2.ko, do make sure that (remove or rename
whatever) the old CinergyT2.ko is not and will not be loaded.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Tomi Orava

tomimo+linux-dvb at ncircle.nullnet.fi