[linux-dvb] Stupid problem !

kubrick at fgv6.net kubrick at fgv6.net
Sun Sep 30 00:01:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thank you for your response.These are the only modules which I can compile :

# modprobe -l
| grep dvb
/lib/modules/2.6.22-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb-core.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.22-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-dec/ttusb_dec.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.22-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-dec/ttusbdecfe.ko
I've loaded these modules and
nothing happend... I see no reference to my card neither in /var/log/message nor in dmesg. Also I have no /dev/dvb
directory...

For info :
# lsusb -v
[...]
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2040:9950 Hauppauge
Device Descriptor:

bLength                18

bDescriptorType         1

bcdUSB               2.00

bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)

bDeviceSubClass         0

bDeviceProtocol         0

bMaxPacketSize0        64

idVendor           0x2040 Hauppauge

idProduct          0x9950

bcdDevice            1.00

iManufacturer           1 Hauppauge

iProduct                2 WinTV Nova-DT

iSerial                 3 4028942220

bNumConfigurations      1
[...]

See ya.

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 19:06 +0200, kubrick at fgv6.net wrote:
>> I'm having a very stupid, and boring, problem as I am
trying to
>> install drivers for a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500.
>
> Let me suggest to have that read
first:

> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500
>

>> I'm saying that this si a stupid problem bcause I just can't find the
>> driver neither in
my kernel menuconfig (2.6.22-gentoo-r5) nor in the
>> v4l-dvb (fetched today) menuconfig .
>>
>> I have "Technotrend/Hauppauge USB DEC devices" selected to compile as
>> a module but I cant
choose any DBV frontend, the list is empty ! So I
>> can't find a way to build the dib0700 kernel module...
>>
>> I guess I have done something I my kernel config that prevents it to
>> be shown but I can't
guess what...

> You do not compile a specific module from the v4l-dvb tree, you just

compile the whole tree against your kernel headers. At least this is how