[linux-dvb] Recommended repository for Dvico Dual Digital 4 rev1

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Aug 21 03:48:58 CEST 2008

Damien Morrissey wrote:
> Be warned that there seems to be a funky thing with the firmware (in
> australia at least). I needed no less than three different firmware files to
> get my DVico Dual Digital 4 (rev1) to be recognised AND to successfully lock
> on a channel. Check for dmesg warnings. I am using mythbuntu 8.04.

Please be advised that the posting policy on this mailing list is to
post your reply BELOW the quote.

It's irritating that I have to tell this to people repeatedly, and I'm
sure its even more irritating for others that have to constantly read my
complaints about it.

Nothing against you -- please don't top-post in the future.

Anyway, Damien....  Please try the latest driver in the v4l-dvb master
branch -- recent changesets have improved driver performance, and you
should not have the problems anymore that you have described, above.

The AU-specific firmware images have been deprecated, in favor of a much
better driver that works regardless of location.  Standard firmware is
not used, instead.

-Mike