[linux-dvb] Support of Nova S SE DVB card missing

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sat Aug 23 17:21:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Btw, I don't understand Patrick's workaround.

The Flexcop i2c-interface is not very flexible. You cannot send just a
single write request with an independent read request following.

The same problematic applies for several USB-I2C requests as we have it in
dvb-usb at several places.

In addition (see my other mail in that thread), sending two independent
i2c_transfers which actually belong together is not really safe. (However
I understand that for most single-receiver boards it is no real problem,
as long as no one is using this i2c-adapter from user-space at the same
time.)

Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de