[linux-dvb] How to write driver for xilinx spartan iie xc2s50e

CityK cityk at rogers.com
Mon Dec 1 04:36:11 CET 2008

Dmitri Belimov wrote:
> Hi
>

>> I want to write driver for xilinx spartan iie xc2s50e chipset.
>>
>> How to start for this case. Could you give me any suggest or idea for
>> this?
>>

> This is FPGA Field Programmed Array. A hardware designer write some code on VHDL or Verilog
> describing howto it should be worked and programm this FPGA. For work with current firmware in FPGA
> you should have description or API. If you have, write your driver as for common chip.
>
> With my best regards, Dmitry.

You'd have to check, but I'd imagine that you can get the datasheet from
Xilinx, which would greatly assist your effort. (I know that I have a
Spartan 3e sheet which I found on their site probably a year or so ago,
so can't think why the 2e wouldn't be as freely available).

And pulling up a stored link, here is a project that makes use of a 2e
family member, so you could likely find other some examples and code: