[linux-dvb] DVBv5 (S2API) API for DVB-T

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Mon Dec 8 11:18:40 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> I hope it is not too late to apply this and to go for 2.6.28 . If it is,
>> my bad and everyone can blame me for not having a proper hierarchical
>> mode implemented.
>
> [ see http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-October/029852.html for the patch ]
>
> I'm at the "final approach" of releasing an S2API adapted version of
> VDR 1.7.2, so I'm wondering if this change is going to be adopted in the
> driver or not, or whether it is at all feasible. There haven't been any
> comments in almost two months...

It was not merged and there was no reaction.

As it is now too late (it is, right?), the only solution to fix a possible
hierarchical transmission will be to add the "select_stream" command. Like
that it will be possible to select high or low priority. It is not as
clean as by patch, but it will work and is backward compatible. For that I
don't have a patch ready, but at the same time there is also no
hierarchical transmission (afaik) in the air nowhere on the world. Only in
labs.

best regards,
Patrick.