[linux-dvb] Junior Dev Help: Compro VideoMate T220 driver questions.

Robin Perkins robin.perkins at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 18 03:54:20 CET 2008

Hello All,

I'm trying to write a driver for my Compro Videomate DVB-T220 card
(It's a saa7134 based card). I have made a wiki page: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Compro_VideoMate_DVB-T220
  that contains the state of my card from the start. I have created a
patch: IncompletePatchVideoMateT220.rtf that produces this output:
dmesgOutput.rtf. Basically all the chipsets are identified, I just
can't work out the right way to get them to work together. So I have a
number of questions about my patch.

Firstly, in the card configuration file, how do you determine the
right vmux values to use for your inputs. At the moment I have just
been attempting to purely guess.

Second, my saa7134-dvb.c init and config functions are guesswork based
on looking at what other similar cards do in here. Is there any
insight as to what I need in here ?

Finally, from the RegSpy dump on the wiki I can see changes to a few
SAA7134 registers. Do I need to worry about integrating these into the
driver somehow ?

Thanks,

Rob