[linux-dvb] Scan file dvb-t nl-Utrecht

Koos van den Hout koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 30 11:34:38 CET 2008

Quoting Christoph Pfister who wrote on Tue 2008-12-30 at 01:13:

> 2008/12/24 Koos van den Hout <koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl>:
> > As attached, tested yesterday evening with scan from Ubuntu dvb-utils
> > 1.1.1-3.
> Those nl-* files were removed in favour of a nl-All file 11 months
> ago. I've recreated the nl-All file as some channels have changed
> since then [1], so all issues should be solved now.

I found the repository and nl-All in the mean time, which is indeed a
complete overview. It seems the files delivered with Ubuntu are somewhat
dated compared to the dvb-apps repository.

You *could* add the following entry:

T 850000000 8MHz 1/2 NONE QAM64 8k 1/4 NONE # UHF 68

Which is the local RTV-Stadskanaal dvb-t station (FTA), source
http://www.rtvvis.nl/rtvvis-freq.tv DVB-T Lokaal NL.htm

Another one I tested in the deep south of the Netherlands:

# Liege - Belgique
# T freq bw fec_hi fec_lo mod transmission-mode guard-interval hierarchy
T 834000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 8k 1/4 NONE

Frequency found from
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T-frequenties

encoding, error correction and guard rate found by experiment: this was the
setting that gave 0 errors / uncorrectable blocks and good image/sound.

                                           Koos van den Hout

--
The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book    | Koos van den Hout
news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/    | http://idefix.net/~koos/