[linux-dvb] HVR-950 status

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 07:24:55 CET 2008

Hey Devin,

I was able to get full ATSC support from the HVR-950 running the latest
Ubuntu 7.10 with a std mythtv install.  I was also able to finagle getting
the other input devices (NTSC/S-Video/Composite) functioning by using their
respective V4L names.  There is a sox sound hack that's been floating around
because analog sound support is not currently available.  I have not tested
it.  Sorry to say it's not a problem specific to your environment.

http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950.html

that's where I started.  Let me know if you would like more detailed
information about my setup.  From what I have gathered, the HVR-950 does not
do QAM decoding, so digital cable is not available (could someone clarify
this as a hardware/software issue?), only OTA (VSB encoding).

Good luck!

-Kyle