[linux-dvb] Diseqc and TT 3200-S2

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:47:36 CET 2008

Marco Coli wrote:
> Manu Abraham ha scritto:
>> Marco Coli wrote:
>>> well well well, mistery revealed!
>>> For the developers: are you already aware of these differences? Do
>>> you need more info? Is support for this board planned?
>> Well, it looks like you have a broken EEPROM.
>> 0x13c2: 1019 is the ID for the TT S2 3200 and Skystar DVB-S2 H Dcards
>> that i have known.
> Gosh, I am very unlucky! Once upon a time I bought a TT S-1500 which
> resulted to have the same problem with its subsystem id, now a s2-3200
> with also a fake ID!! (for the record, the supplier is not the same)...
> In the former case I solved changing in the source the references to the
> id with mine faked one.
> I think this can be a quick workaround in this situation also. I need to
> examine budget-ci.c only?

>> Oliver has an EEPROM rewriting application somewhere. I remember him
>> talking
>> about it sometime back. Alternatively you can search the archives, for
>> fixing the
>> (Added CC to Oliver. Maybe he can give you more explanations)
> Thank you very much, this can be a long term solution to my problem.
> I'll search the list.

Most vendors do Write protect the EEPROM's because of this. Overwritten
EEPROM's can be due to various reasons.

* badly written drivers (a write differs from a read by a single bitfield, very
easy to have it fscked)

* Virus attacks

Are the usual causes. To avoid these most of the vendors whom i know,
either protect it completely in all cases. In one case where i had to write
to the EEPROM for some code development, i had to manually solder a
small bridge to enable writes to the EEPROM

You can see the wire bridge which had to be soldered on to the EEPROM pins to make
it writable.