[linux-dvb] Problem with concurrent recording of ANALOG and DVB-T on saa7134 Based card

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Sun Jan 6 18:18:46 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, den 06.01.2008, 16:18 +0100 schrieb Eddi De Pieri:
> Hi,
>
> I've a FlyDVB TRio, and I've found a problem with viewing or recording
> of Analog stream while recording a DVB-T stream on my Debian Etch system
> with driver included in packaged kernel.
>
> The issue is that analog stream is with poor quality and distorced
> colors. It seems that some data sent by dvb-t part of driver affect the
> analog one.
>
> Please can other owner of this card and/or other lifeview Hybrid cards
> to test recording?
>
> The test can be due using 2 session of mencoder.
>
> Regards
>
> Eddi

Hi Eddi,

since you don't mention it,

it is very important to use packed formats and not the default planar
format when doing analog at once with DVB-T!

Otherwise you get memory or even file corruption.
According to Hartmut it is due to a limitation of the dma engines.

Other testers please take care.

Cheers,
Hermann