[linux-dvb] Wiki and NOVA-T sticks (was Re: WinTV Nova-T-CE driver)

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Mon Jan 7 07:30:30 CET 2008

Darren Salt schreef:
> I demand that Michel Verbraak may or may not have written...
>

>> Tim Taubert schreef:
>>
>>> is anyone currently working on the WinTV Nova-T-CE driver (2040:7070)?
>>> If not I would try to do it on my own and post my results to the list.
>>>

>> Have a look at the following wiki page:
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick
>>

> Wrong page.
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-CE-Stick
>
> [snip]

Darren,

Not wrong page Hauppauge calls the same hardware by a different name. I
have a NOVA-T-Lite stick with usb id 2040:7070 which works with the
explanation on the page Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick and apparantly the
NOVA-T-CE stick works with the same code. The only problem was that the
remote control part for the CE stick was not yet implemented and Tim
just got a patch for this.

I think the different NOVA-T stick pages should direct us to the main
NOVA-T stick page and should only exist if they are really different or
should we copy the same information to different pages just because
Hauppauge calls the same hardware different?

Regards,

Michel.