[linux-dvb] WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Status

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Jan 8 08:20:07 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 08:37 +1100, Jeffrey Borg wrote:
> Not much has been said about the NOVA-T 500 on this list lately,
> Mainly
> because I believe its now fixed,

I beg to differ.

It is very usable, yes. I am happily using it.

But I still get the occasional usual hang, about once a month. Even when
I am not in the house and on the continent. And I then have to go
through a reboot.

My reception is certainly sub-optimal, and that was pointed as a
possible cause.

Remote usage, or detection of weird codes by the remote sensor, has been
also pointed as a possible cause.

I guess that Patrick has run out of ideas, has little time to dedicate,
or has better things to do these days.

But maybe I missed important things lately.

Nico
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc