[linux-dvb] WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Status

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:28:58 CET 2008

I'm currently using a Nova-T 500 with no major issues. I'm running Gentoo 64
bits, kernel 2.6.23-r3 (lastest) and HG drivers (obtained last week, when I
fully reinstalled the system). Previously I was using Sabayon 32 bits, same
kernel, etc... and everything was also ok.

I still suffer very ocasional disconnects, but they are really rare. I also
sometimes get I2C errors in dmesg, but they don't seem to cause any issues.

I don't know what can be the reason of your problems. As far as I know, the
disconnects are somehow related to bad receiving quality, which cause the
firmware on the card to block. I'm not sure, though.

The driver development for this card seems to be stopped, right now. Since
last firmware update (1.10) ther has been no news.

Best regards,
  Eduard