[linux-dvb] WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Status

Soeren Moch Soeren.Moch at stud.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jan 9 12:45:41 CET 2008

Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 23:20 +0100, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>> Aah, yes, you're right. It only affects dual-boards and there only the
>> streaming problems, which might cause the disconnects.
>>
>> Your problem was signal reception?
>
> Well my problem is random disconnects on all single tuner dongles I have
> although I am using F-connectors + big antenna on the roof already...
>
> If this patch is meant to fix problems on dual tuner boards only then it
> won't help at all as the problem is already there for single tuner
> boards :(
>
> Soeren S.

Be not confused by the different Soerens on the list ;-)
My problem (as reported twice in the last 3 months) is incomplete tuning.
Sometimes my vdr hangs with black screen and partially invalid lock flags
after tuning. A few minutes of EPG scan always kill my nova-t stick.
There is no firmware crash or disconnect, tuning to some other frequency
solves the problem until the next freeze.

Soeren M.