[linux-dvb] DVB scan fails with Nova-TD - please help?

Stephen G sgreszcz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 15:34:37 CET 2008

Nicolas,

Thanks, it makes sense what you say that an amplifier is best closest to the antenna otherwise it will amplify both the signal and noise.

My antenna is already split once with an F-type splitter (http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/qq69.jpg) in the attic to give a connection to my TV and also a second connection to the Nova-TD which is connected to what will be my MythTV backend.

I'm starting to think that maybe the antenna signal strength is actually too strong based on what Jose said.  When I connect up the mini-antennas that comes with the Nova-TD I can pick up some channels.  When I switch my main rooftop antenna feed into the side (mini) connection I don't get anything.

I ordered some attenuators as well as another splitter (http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/jm13.jpg) to play around with.  I should also try my main antenna with my old MythTV box with a Avermedia771 PCI card to see how it goes.