[linux-dvb] Multiproto ???

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:06:20 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 03:16:22PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I also find the current situation rather confusing.
> What exactly is *the* multiproto driver I should use when
> (soon) starting to adopt the various patches to VDR regarding
> DVB-S2 etc.?

If you want to use the patches sent on the VDR ml then you have to use
hg clone http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto

as described at :

Even with non DVB-S2 cards, the tuning is faster (at least for me).

If you have an Hauppauge HVR-4000 you will need one more patch, which
you can find at :

I needed to modify the one posted earlyer because I have multiple cards
and VDR has to know the HVR-4000 can do DVB-S2 tunings.

And the firmware for it :

> It would be nice if ther was a central repository (at linuxtv.org?)
> where *the* driver could be downloaded, just as it was in the good old
> days...

I totally agree, for example the support for Hauppauge HVR-4000 is
almost finished, but will maybe never be included :-(

I really hope the situation could become better ;-)
Grégoire FAVRE  http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com  http://www.gnupg.org