[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i - obsolete tuner i2c address?

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Sun Jan 20 07:15:43 CET 2008

John,

Sorry for sending this twice -- I sent it the first time from an email address not subscribed to linux-dvb :-/

John Massengale wrote:
> I got the Pinnacle 800i working on Mythbuntu, I can tune both analog and
> digital channels, but if I reboot, for some reason it starts having
> problems.

Thanks for sending in the obsolete tuner address message -- I'll remove this warning for the XC5000 tuners.

Unfortunately, I don't know why your tuner isn't working after a reboot... Perhaps the device gets held in reset after a reboot, and it isn't properly being taken out as needed?

Try the patch in this email and let us know if that fixes the problem:

http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-January/022977.html

Regards,

Mike