[linux-dvb] AverMedia DVB-S Pro Howto?

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gentoo.org
Sun Jan 20 13:08:01 CET 2008

On Sonntag, 20. Januar 2008, Eduard Huguet wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm try to make this card work using the lastest patches that has been
> published in this list. However, I'm somewhat lost about what patches and
> in which order must be applied to a clean HG tree. I've tried to apply the
> patches mentiones in these threads:
>

>    - Analog inputs:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg27833.html
>    - zl10036 driver:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg28565.html
>    - zl10313 into mt312:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg28566.html
>    - DVB-S support for A700:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg28567.html
>
> However, almost none of they apply cleanly into a freshly download HG tree.
> I'm willing to help on this card, at least as a beta-tester. I'm a C++
> developer, so I'm not scared about compiling, repositories, patches, etc...

Hi Eduart!

I try to make it easier for users to try out the patches. I try to document
the necessary steps in the wiki on this page:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AVerTV_DVB-S_Pro_(A700)

I like to create one large patch to be applied against latest hg version and
hope to get this finished these days.

But please mind that the drivers really are development status only. So they
work most of the time but I cannot tell why if not :)

Matthias
--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)