[linux-dvb] Help with DVBT USB Tuner

Anubis Ra raanubis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:56:53 CET 2008

Hi All,

I just acquired a new DVBT USB tuner to which I can't find the correct
firmware.

Installing the Driver on a Windows Machine I could find the manufacturer
WaterVision (http://www.waterv.com) and deduced that this device is a
WV-TRF-B3.

lsusb reports

Bus 002 Device 010: ID 8086:9501 Intel Corp.

but a an dmesg | tail returns

[113263.765840] usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and
address 10
[113264.006780] usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

I tried searching about this device hours on end but could not find anything
related to this USB DVBT Device.

Could anyone help me to identify the firmware / modules required to install
this device?

Thanks