[linux-dvb] Need suggestions for TV card

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Tue Jan 22 00:52:01 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, den 22.01.2008, 10:01 +1100 schrieb Robin Rainton:
> Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> > Look at the linux-dvb Wiki and look if the card of your choise is listed there.
> >
> Although be aware that this is no guarantee. I recently purchased an MSI
> TV @ Anywhere which was listed in the Wiki, only to find MSI had changed
> a few things and the card was now V1.1. Eventually I've managed to get
> this working (see mails on this list about that) but it's not stable as yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

to your new card version Hartmut or me should try to come back for
further investigations.

Do you have any analog TV broadcast left and can eventually also test
and report on that?

We have to test if there is really a LowNoiseAmplyfier on it, seems so.
Also Hartmut predicted already 9 months back, that we likely will see a
change to use the tda8290 i2c gate to the tuner on this stuff, like most
others do.

This you have confirmed already with your recent testing.

Thanks,
Hermann