[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i driver problems

Muppet Man muppetman4662 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 01:34:45 CET 2008

Greetings all,
Ok, I feel really dumb but I have having a devil of a time getting linux to see my capture card.  I believe I am doing everything right, but then again, I don't know.
I downloaded the file posted about a week ago stating it was a patch for the pinnacle pci card (800i).  I extracted the tz file, opened terminal, cd directory to the folder, did sudo make, sudo make install and restarted my computer.  When I start mythtv back end, I get no card can be found error.
I'm sure I am really close to getting this to work.  Any help for a linux nOOb would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks