[linux-dvb] Need suggestions for TV card

Marco Di Fresco marco.difresco at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:15:24 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:05 +0100, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> [CUT]
> My only analogue TV-card experience is with the Hauppauge PVR-350 which
> is a very good card and the ivtv drivers are mature.

I will take this in consideration.

> If you have a DVB-T broadcast antenna relatively close-by then a Nova
> T500 should work fine. If you scan this mailing list you will find the
> this card might be problematic in bad weather conditions and or if the
> reception is bad in general. I'm living about 1.5km away from the
> sender, so I think I cannot comment on that.

I don't have a broadcast antenna on sight so I guess it is better to
exclude this product.

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 10:01 +1100, Robin Rainton wrote:
> Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> > Look at the linux-dvb Wiki and look if the card of your choise is listed there.
> >
> Although be aware that this is no guarantee. I recently purchased an MSI
> TV @ Anywhere which was listed in the Wiki, only to find MSI had changed
> a few things and the card was now V1.1. Eventually I've managed to get
> this working (see mails on this list about that) but it's not stable as yet.

That is another thing to keep in mind.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

As I said on my original post, my priority is to get at least the
analog signal so I'll start to search around based on those
suggestions. If by any chance someone has any suggestion for cards that
support the digital signal, I'll be glad to hear them. :-)

Thank you again for the suggestion.

--

Marco Di Fresco
http://marcodifresco.interfree.it/default.html