[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e) and DVB-S2

Dominik Kuhlen dkuhlen at gmx.net
Fri Jan 25 22:45:58 CET 2008

Hi all,

Manus multiproto HG tree (jusst.de/hg/multiproto) and the attached patch make the pctv452e work with DVB-S2 and DVB-S :)

Also the LED turns to green if the frontend is openend and turns back to orange if released (thanks to manu for postproc interface ;).

I managed to tune Astra19.2E 11.915GHz transponder (Premiere) and receive tables and data,
but my CPU is too slow do decode the video in realtime :(
The tuning seems to be quite reliable (no failures so far).
But I had no luck to tune to 11.722GHz (Pro7) so far (maybe some values are hardcoded to 27500kSym/s).

Be sure that your tuning application does the following ioctl:
----------
       dvbfe_info feinfo;

        /* we have to call FE_GET_INFO to set (yeah: call get to SET ;) delivery to DVB-S2 */
        memset(&feinfo, 0, sizeof(feinfo));
        feinfo.delivery = DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS2;
        if (ioctl(front, DVBFE_GET_INFO, &feinfo) < 0) {
                perror("DVBFE_GET_INFO");
        }
-------

Happy testing,