[linux-dvb] What is the MAC of a DVB card?

Corey Ashford yeroca at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 10:13:03 CET 2008

That makes sense.  I remember that some of the residential satellite
data services (if not most) use a telephone line for the uplink and
satellite for the downlink, since in theory it's much higher bandwidth
than a telephone line.  However, I've read where many people that have
bought such systems were very unhappy with them.  Usually they never
get anywhere near the claimed bandwidth, especially at peak hours, and
often it's slower than plain old dial-up, not to mention very expensive
($300/month or so).   It might be a decent solution for someone who
uses the net off peak hours and can't get any other broadband service.