[linux-dvb] Re : szap - p - r options (was - T S2-3200 driver)

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 18 14:04:43 CEST 2008

Le 18.07.2008 03:22:56, Goga777 a écrit :
> > > with szap2 you also can tune to FTA channels using the option "-
> p"
> and read
> > > the stream from your frontend dvr (/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0) with
> mplayer for
> > > example..
>

> btw, could someone explain me what's difference between szap - r and
> szap - p options ?
>
> when should I use -r options. when - p or both -r -p ???
>
>   -r        : set up /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvr0 for TS recording
>   -p        : add pat and pmt to TS recording (implies -r)

I would guess that -r will just enable the dvr0 output so that you can
record it by dumping it to a file, whereas -p will do the same plus pat
and pmt which means that the stream will contain the necessary tables
to select one of the channels (this pis probably needed by the app that
will record/play the stream).
IOn brief try both and see whihc one works ;-)
HTH
Bye
Manu