[linux-dvb] Transponder tuning problems with Nova-TD and Nova-T 500

Dirk E. Wagner m740 at wagner-budenheim.de
Fri Jul 25 13:47:10 CEST 2008

Hello there,

I have the following problem with my Nova-TD USB stick:

I'm using vdr 1.6.0 with kernel 2.6.26. If I start a recording on 1 tuner
and at the same time on the other tuner there is a transponder change by
vdr's epgscan, I get:

syslog:Jul 13 07:46:17 etch-server vdr: [5395] PES packet shortened to
3286 bytes (expected: 3470 bytes)

This happens also when I start vdr with only 1 tuner, starting 1
recording on this tuner and starting a
channelscan with w_scan via command line.

It seems that changing the transponder disturb the other tuner with
the running recording.

I tested this with a Nova-TD and Nova-T 500, 3 different MoBos and a
Laptop, Kernel 2.6.25 and 2.6.26.