[linux-dvb] Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver

Thierry Merle thierry.merle at free.fr
Fri May 2 19:08:08 CEST 2008

Tomi Orava a écrit :
> Hi Thierry,
>

>> what is the status of this driver enhancement?
>> Is there a blocking issue to integrate it in the v4l-dvb tree?
>> If I can help you to solve any issue, please tell me.
>>

> I don't think there should be any blocking issues with this driver.
> The remote controller functionality could be improved to work better
> with LIRC's irrecord utility, but that's about all for now.
>
> Currently it's more or less a question of what I have to do in order to
> get the driver included into the official tree ?

Well, I see some issues after taking a closer look at your driver:
1- checkpatch.pl raises errors: 90 errors, 53 warnings, 995 lines checked
2- there is a compilation error (I applied the patch on the latest
v4l-dvb tree):
cinergyT2-core.c: In function 'cinergyt2_usb_probe':
cinergyT2-core.c:138: error: too few arguments to function
'dvb_usb_device_init'
3- you should replace the existing driver, not proposing a different
driver. I mean, patch directly
linux/drivers/media/dvb/cinergyT2/cinergyT2.c.

Furthermore, I have some questions:
- is there a way to use the dvb-usb-remote module? This in order to get
rid of cinergyT2-remote.c
- so, renaming cinergyT2-core.c to cinergyT2.c would be correct?
- stream buffer count was set to 32 in the old driver and you set it to
5, why this change? It works perfectly with 5 and consumes less memory
so if this is the reason I fully agree!

I think the best way is to rework your patch and fix these issues; I can
help you if you want.
Then I will commit that in a particular tree and ask for pushing it to
the official tree.

> Regards,
> Tomi Orava

Cheers,