[linux-dvb] mantis crash...

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Fri May 2 22:44:51 CEST 2008

This was reported before, the current mantis driver will cause a page
fault in mantis_dvb_start_feed.
The reason for this is commit f5b1f9d491bfabbd23ec415e647f3d65ea1930eb
"Implement HIF Mem Read/Write operations". I don't know how HIF memory
reads/writes are supposed to work, but there seems to be some mixup
between register contents and register addresses. Clearly, 0xfffffff is
not a valid mmaped reg address and as such writing to it blows up
accordingly.
The attached patch fixes that (reverts part of the above commit). The
same bug also seems to be present in the hif.c file, though I don't know
how it should work there (and it looks like that code won't get touched
here).

Roland