[linux-dvb] Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver

Ingo Peukes admin at ipnetwork.de
Thu May 8 22:47:06 CEST 2008

Hello,

count me as a tester for the new driver cause I can't use the old one.
As I'm primary a system administrator and not a programmer I just can
give informations from a users view.

I use the driver on my Linkstation Live which I'm going to turn into a
VDR using mythtv, and for now I can tell it compiles on this NAS with
kernel 2.6.25.1 and the v4l-dvb sources found here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=511676&page=8

I use this cause I also have Pinnacle PCTV200e which is not supported by
the official sources. The PCTV card is also the reason why I cannot use
the old/original driver cause somehow neither device is usable when
both drivers are loaded. I think this comes because they both have a
Zarlink MT352 and it seems that the modules mt352 and cinergyT2
can't work together. This problem does not exist with your driver.
So I'm happy you go for a new cinergyT2 driver :)

Well, as I said it compiles and works with the above kernel and v4l-dvb
but w_scan finds no channels with this module most of the time. In 5
runs it found 4 channels on one multiplex.
I doubt it's the antenna although it's the stock one but if I use the
cinergyT2 on my desktop pc with the original module of kernel 2.6.25.1
w_scan finds all available channels all the time with the same antenna
in the same place. I will try a better antenna tomorrow to see if I can
use it somewhat productive in mythtv...

Regards
Ingo Peukes

Thierry Merle wrote:
> Tomi Orava a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Well, I see some issues after taking a closer look at your driver:
>>> 1- checkpatch.pl raises errors: 90 errors, 53 warnings, 995 lines checked
>>> 2- there is a compilation error (I applied the patch on the latest
>>> v4l-dvb tree):
>>> cinergyT2-core.c: In function 'cinergyt2_usb_probe':
>>> cinergyT2-core.c:138: error: too few arguments to function
>>> 'dvb_usb_device_init'
>>> 3- you should replace the existing driver, not proposing a different
>>> driver. I mean, patch directly