[linux-dvb] TechnoTrend 2300 DVB-C, does it work?

Ruediger Dohmhardt ruediger.dohmhardt at freenet.de
Tue May 13 22:29:43 CEST 2008

Bas v.d. Wiel schrieb:
> Hello list,
> Because of my troubles with a TwinHan Mantis 2033 based board, I'm

Bas, I'm waiting for the working CI Interface on the AD-CP300 (2033)
card as well and I hope
the CI/CAM is going to work by summer.
Besides can't watching encrypted channels the card has worked perfectly
over the last 11/2 year.
I use it with "vdr-1.60" and "xineliboutput".
<http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2033.asp>
> looking to buy something else that actually does work. I was advised
> that a Technotrend 2300 DVB-C + CI-module will work with Linux. This'll
> be the second time I'll be spending over 150 euro's on video hardware so
> I'd like to be sure: does this combination work with Linux, and MythTV
> in particular, to view encrypted channels?

The TT-2300 (and the identical card from Hauppauge) are the cards I have
used over the last 5 years.
I still use it for watching encrypted channels (i.e. when the Twinhan
card is useless).

CAM:           Alphacrypt-light
Smartcard:  Card from "Kabel Deutschland".
Software:     vdr-1.4.7 with tvtime; I have no idea concerning MythTv.

Ciao Ruediger D.