[linux-dvb] DViCO Fusion HDTV DVB-T Dual Express - When will it be

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Wed May 14 01:52:44 CEST 2008

 Allan,

I have had similar issues to what you have described, with usually good
reception channels having degraded quality.

One solution that I have used is to place an attenuator in line to reduce
the signal. This card has a good sensitivity for low reception levels
however the dynamic range of the card is not good enough to handle what
the older more common TV cards require for reception levels.

I have had no issue with Chris Pascoe's drivers, the only problem is that
his branch is now get dated and some of my other dvb gear does not work
reliably under his branch.  This is why I'm trying to generate a patch
that works against the v4l-dvb tree.

Also can you tell me what programs you are using to watch TV with?  With
gxine I have no problem with my patch however when I run mythtv
occassionally it crashes my tuner. I have yet to accurately determine why
this is happening, and what I need to do to ensure that a userspace
program doesn't crash my hardware.

Regards,
Stephen.