[linux-dvb] Technotrend S2-3200 Scanning

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Sun May 18 13:39:56 CEST 2008

Faruk A schreef:

> szap -rp "BBC World"   (you can replace BBC World with any channel in
> your channel.conf) and make sure you get FE_HAS_LOCK before you start
> mplayer.
>
> mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

I've managed to get a lock - well no problem there actually, but when I
try to use mplayer I'm lost:

$ mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 (or mplayer -fs /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0)
MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model:
15, Stepping: 6)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

So it says it's playing (the "could not connect to socket" is purely a
lirc problem) but where's the video?
I also tried gmplayer, but that just locks up.

> mythtv: there is multiproto patch for mythtv-svn. I tried it but it
> always failed med after 1 hour of compiling it's nothing to do with
> the patch anyway here is the link to the patch.
>
> http://pansy.at/gernot/mythtv-multiproto-hack.diff.gz
>
> easiest way is to use vdr, I'm using vdr-1.6.0-1 stable version.
> if you want to use the stable version you have to search for this
> patch [ANNOUNCE] DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.18 in vdr mailing
> list and patch the vdr source.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to give that a go this evening!