[linux-dvb] Updated Mantis VP-2033 remote control patch for Manu's jusst.de Mantis branch

Pauli Borodulin pauli at borodulin.fi
Mon May 19 20:51:43 CEST 2008

Heya!

Roland Scheidegger wrote:
 > [...]
> No offense, but I like my patch much better :-) [1]. I fail to see why
> polling has to be done - just for half-working (at best on some cards,
> not at all if the native repeat rate is too low) "improved" auto-repeat.

Ah, sorry. My bad, I missed your patch. It surely looks better.

What comes to auto-repeat... With your version of the patch it works
equally well/badly on 2033 as it did with the earlier version.

> I was under the impression that using cancel_rearming_delayed_work
> instead of cancel_delayed_work (as I did in my patch) would make it
> unnecessary to call flush_scheduled_work (but I just followed some other
> drivers and could be easily wrong).

After reading some kernel source code, I agree that
cancel_rearming_delayed_work is better suited.

 > [...]

Regards,
Pauli Borodulin <pauli at borodulin.fi>