[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Sat Nov 1 16:11:16 CET 2008

Alex,

Tested your scan-s2 with a Technisat HD2 card.

Scanning works. But some channels are reported twice with different
frequency. I found an error which is fixed by the patch file named
scan.c.diff1.

I would also like to propose the following change (see file scan.c.diff2
or scan.c.diff which includes both patches). This change makes it
possible to only scan for DVB-S channels or DVB-S2 channels or both.
This is done by specifying lines starting with S or S2 in the input file.

example input file:
# Astra 19.2E SDT info service transponder
# freq pol sr fec
S 12522000 H 22000000 2/3       <only DVB-S channels are scanned>
S 11914000 H 27500000 AUTO
S 10743750 H 22000000 5/6
S 12187500 H 27500000 3/4
S 12343500 H 27500000 3/4
S 12515250 H 22000000 5/6
S 12574250 H 22000000 5/6
S2 12522000 H 22000000 AUTO    <only DVB-S2 channels are scanned>
S2 11914000 H 27500000 AUTO

I hope this is usefull.

Regards,

Michel.