[linux-dvb] Nova-TD and I2C read/write failed

petercarm linuxtv at hotair.fastmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 16:14:23 CET 2008

My build is gentoo with 2.6.25 kernel and mercurial V4L using
dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw   The Hauppauge Nova-TD USB stick shows a USB ID
of 2040:5200.

The card works for a few hours and then floods dmesg with "DiB0070 I2C
write failed" messages.

I've found plenty of passing references to this problem, but what do I
need to do to get this working?

Do I need to change to the 1.20 firmware?

Where does dib0700_new_i2c_api.patch exist?  It is mentioned on the wiki
but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.