[linux-dvb] Channel configuration files....

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Nov 5 17:41:27 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Paul Guzowski <guzowskip at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone on this list have a sample channel.conf file for Brighthouse Networks cable or can anyone give enough information (frequencies, transponders, etc) so that I can try to build one?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Paul in NW Florida

Paul,

You can use "scan" from dvb-apps, using the scan file,
"us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256" ...  If that doesn't
work, you can try the other QAM256 cable scan files, located in the
util/scan/atsc/ directory of dvb-apps.

Alternatively, you can use the latest version of w_scan WITHOUT any
scan file.  This should produce the best results.

The latest version of w_scan with atsc / qam scanning support can be
downloaded from here:

http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/w_scan/w_scan-20080815.tar.bz2

You can scan cable using this command:

w_scan -A2 -X > channels.conf