[linux-dvb] HD over satellite? (h.264)

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Nov 11 19:34:50 CET 2008

Thank you for the detailed analysis of the situation.

Looks like I'll get a Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus for the moment and just use
it to receive TVRi with the MythTV system I'm building - there's nothing
else I'm watching via satellite and don't really plan to expand the
number of channels I'm viewing. I don't watch live TV at all, just put a
few things on MythTV to watch whenever.

If the Nova-S-Plus can also receive some of the radio stations on Galaxy
25, then so much better. If not, no big deal.

If and when HD stuff that's interesting to me becomes available, I'll
probably look at a DVB-S2 card. Until then, the Linux and MythTV support
for S2 will no doubt improve.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/