[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 20:31:20 CET 2008

Some more updates for scan-s2:
- Fixed skip count specified by "-k" option (skipped one message less than
specified).
- Removed dumping (null) provider name.
- Fixed DVB-T tuning. Thanks to Hans Werner.
- Fixed some network ID output problems. Thanks to Oleg Roitburd.
- Added options to specify "S1" and "S2" entries in frequency file that will
use DVB-S and DVB-S2 scan modes respectively.
- Added "-D" option to disable scanning of some modes. "-D S1" will disable
DVB-S scan, "-D S2" will disable DVB-S2 scan.
- Added 3/5 and 9/10 FEC options. Thanks to Michael Verbraak.

In my TODO list so far:
- Revise and add diseqc motor support patch from Hans Werner.
- Revise and add few more patches sent by different people.
- Revise NIT message parsing to figure out why it doesn't add transponders
with correct delivery system.
- Add UTF-8 channels encoding support.

Please test the latest version of scan-s2 from:
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/scan-s2/

Let me know if something doesn't work as it should.

Thanks.
Alex.