[linux-dvb] Reception problems with af9015 based USB stick

Richard Palmer richard.palmer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:13:58 CET 2008

Hi,

  After abandoning my nova-t pci card due to the never ending usb
  disconnect/i2c problems, I thought I'd try a cheap dvb stick from
  Maplin's (Twinhan af9015 based).

  Whilst it works well in single mode (in dual mode neither tuner
  worked), there seem to be a lot more 'pops' in the sound and blocks
  appearing in the picture. Are there any more tuning options I can try when
  improvement. I know it's not a signal strength problem as both a set-top box
  and the nova-t ran from the same aerial without these problems.

  I'm running Mythbuntu on a 2.6.24-19 kernel.

Many thanks,

Richard