[linux-dvb] Distorted analog sound when using an HVR-3000

Darron Broad darron at kewl.org
Fri Nov 21 17:26:23 CET 2008

In message <617be8890811210115x46b99879l7b78fcf7a1d59357 at mail.gmail.com>, "Eduard Huguet" wrote:

LO

>Hi,
>    I'm testing a Hauppauge HVR-3000 for its use with MythTV, and I'm
>observing that I have a completely distorted sound when using any of the
>analog inputs (TV, S-Video or Composite). The sound is completely crackly,
>not understanble at all, just noise. I've teste 2 different cards, so I'm
>pretty sure it's not a "faulty card" issue.
>
>This happens both in MythTV or when using directly mplayer to capture video
>& audio.
>
>I'm using an up-to-date HG DVB repository.

There are some known problem with cards using the WM8775 codec.

Use this repo here:
	http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb/

It changes how the WM8775 operates and you will be able to
control the input levels using v4l2-ctl.

Please tell me if this solves your problems.

Good luck

--

 // /
{:)==={ Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org>