[linux-dvb] DigitalNow TinyTwin second tuner support

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay at softlog.com.au
Mon Nov 24 03:17:42 CET 2008

Antti Palosaari wrote:
> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>> Antti Palosaari wrote:
>>> I disabled 2nd tuner by default due to bad performance I faced up
>>> with my hardware. Anyhow, you can enable it by module param, use
>>> modprobe dvb-usb-af9015 dual_mode=1 . Test it and please report.
>>>

>> All this has inspired me to retry my DigitalNow TinyTwin. The results
>> are good (excellent) and badish. I am available to do any testing and
>> builds required. Thanks for all the hard work!
>>

> I made other test version of af9015 driver which uses different
> MXL500x tuner driver. I think it will perform a lot more better.
> Please test:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015-mxl500x/

Ok, done some initial testing.

- Uninstalled old build, rebooted,  installed new build and rebooted
- /dev/dvb/adaptor0 created
- Tunes and play's back *really* well, I tested with Kaffeine -
excellent reception, no dropouts or sounds squeaks that I noticed.
Tested with HD signals as well. This was only for a few miniutes, I
haven't had a chance to schedule a full recording, but will test that soon.

I enabled the second tuner and ran into the exactly problems as before
when trying to tune - kernel crash etc. The machine locked up on
shutdown and required a hard boot.

Thanks! - Lindsay

--
Lindsay