[linux-dvb] Distorted analog sound when using an HVR-3000

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:23:52 CET 2008

Ok, I need to rectify, at least partially, my last message: as you have
suggested now, the problem with s-video and composite audio capturing was
that the external device volume was set too high, which was apparently
saturating the audio input of the card. Lowering it was enough to capture
crystal clear sound... in mplayer.

In MythTV, now I have the problem that sound is playing strangelly
high-pitched. I really don't know how to explain it... I'm going to perform
some research to see if I can determine why sound is clear on mplayer and
not under MythTV.

Thanks for your help,
  Eduard