[linux-dvb] Re : Twinhan 1041 (SP 400) lock and scan problems - the solution [not quite :(]

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:38:03 CEST 2008

Manu,

Please specify what sattelite and what frequency cause problems.
Specify also a "good" transponder that locks.
Can you send me the stb0899 module logs (with debug severity)?

The tests I did are scanning all the satelites I have (5 in count) and see
that the same transponders are constantly locked every scan.
The results are compared to Twinhan 1027 card as well (that's actualy was
the trigger for me to start digging in the code since 1027 found more
channels than 1041 and with 1041 channels were randomly
dissapearing/reappearing every scan).

One of my sats is on edge recepition where many transponders are not locked,
while my settop box shows then. But I actually didn't really expect the card
to lock on them. So please check the sat coverage in your area. Its also
known that some transponders are considered as weak and give poor signal
even if they are supposed to be received.

Thanks.