[linux-dvb] S2API vs Multiproto vs TT 3200

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Tue Oct 7 17:07:04 CEST 2008

Jaap Crezee wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> gimli wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

> <snip>
>
>> was made. Please cool down and bring the pieces together to give the
>> user the widest driver base and support for S2API.
>
> With this in mind, I would like to work on porting the TT S2-3200 driver stuff to S2API. I have done a little bit of
> research and found out that it is hard to find what the differences are between both API's on a source/technical level.
> Can anyone offer some insight into differences or give some starting point (or maybe even an example) of how to port
> Multiproto drivers to the S2API?

Great!

Check the cx24116.c inkernel driver, see the set_frontend callback.
You'll see how it queries a dtv_property_cache held in the frontend.

This is the best place to begin.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you do plan to port the
drivers, I suggest you create another thread with an appropriate subject
"porting TT3200 to S2API" or something similar, if you want people to
comment and help.

- Steve